Tuesday 30 October 2007

Fantastical...?! Truth...?! Stupidity...?! Viewpoint...

The three wheeler might as well have been a Pumpkin...
I step out with as much grace my borrowed-from-my-best friend-weighing-almost-a-tonne skirt would allow...
My heart sinks for that fraction of a second as I see the crowd...the queue... it covered most of the service road... I feel almost all of those in-queue eyes on me... I thank the kind three wheeler charioteer and turn to all those pale oblongs directed at me...
I now have to walk past and enter my destined architectural structure (quite filled with flaws,I should say...but beautiful to me nonetheless).
Did those gentlemen just now step aside and make way for me? Woah...! this feels nice... I am the centre of attention... in every sense... wait a second... am I having an out of body experience...this doesn't feel real... it isn't...my clumsy self comes back to me when I Almost trip and fall flat on my face just at the main entrance... okay this is Real... I manage to keep my balance on what felt like twelve story high heels...
I atlast find friendly familiar faces...some surprised,some amused,some indifferent, others curious,some ignoring owing to an unnecessary argument the previous night... Oh,I do a mean Ignoring act as well,you see...:)
Festivities are underway...
Well,it was all too good to be true...
Things are not always picture perfect unless a conscious,detailed effort is made or your little winged Fairy God Mother has the time to flutter around you making sure nothing goes wrong...
But as luck would have it...just on that darn day,mine had to leave town to attend the christening of Briar Rose-Sleeping Beauty to everyone else...
Yes...near disaster strikes... the elastic on the wonderful skirt snaps...! like it couldn't bear the burden of all that attention it was receiving...
FGM should have left some charm behind...No one notices the wardrobe malfunction,thankfully...
Then the prior,famously established example of Ms.Liz Hurley,I follow...Yes! Steel Safety pins to the Rescue...
And at long last to give the act a completion... I have to leave ...in a hurry... my Carriage is nowhere to be seen...(you see I have to hire one on the spot and to find one is quite a task) But wait! my dance...with the Prince...?!
There is no Prince... Decided not to show up,I guess...
Oh,this setting doesn't have a Prince... Its all about me... (yes,my humility sky scrapes...Deal with it)
I do get my dance...With what looked like a Court Jester or a victim of race confusion,with his face painted black and white,just now escaped from the sets of a Clint Eastwood western...but as long as I get my proverbial Dance,I Don't care...like I ever have...nevertheless,We(I) were the cynosure...swaying and twirling to Italian Opera Ariyas...
Bows taken...
Applause graciously accepted...
Exhilaration experienced...
It felt good.
Oh,MyWord! Its late!
I lift my skirt to allow me to run and I make a hurried Exit...stepping out in the dark spraying rain... amongst pillars and circles of fire,flaring...sometimes playful,sometimes angry and to rhythmic beats of the Djembe, imitating,giving a perfect compliment to my running,escaping feet...
No...I do not leave a slipper behind.

No comments: