Thursday 24 April 2008

Yesterday, I watched a movie.


A Momentous, monumental, memorable movie... (pardon the mediocre misplaced mindless, needless superfluous alliteration-here I am trying to sound smart, although I do know what Superfluous means)


It was called 'The Awakening' and awaken me, it did and quite effectively too, to the vast possibilities and immense power of the media of celluloid.


Possibilities and Power of entertainment, education and irony... unexpected but very plausible...


Entertainment I did find in the most unlikely fashion and maybe a better person would be a teeny weeny bit ashamed, but I'm not that better person and I'll tell you its quite an entertaining, if not extremely tough and thus admirable job to keep you laughing through 130 minutes and for the next two weeks, with of course hospitalization because of internal lacerations from broken ribs.

Its amazing how anyone can get away with any kind of sub-standard dung with money and connections... and of course the necessary tools... but I think this venture had purpose, a cause, maybe some kind of good intentions.... but still good intentions can't buy you pardon for wasting precious film reel... There have been other ventures that I know of, undertaken just on a whim of some rich kid who wanted to do something just because he/she could with all the money that had been weighing them down... Yes, the world is plagued with talentless wretches and also with talented wretches who won't do anything with what they have just because they have been waiting for the right opportunity, or believe some thing's been holding them back... I know such people too... I live with one...

Although, I'm not advocating anyone, but from personal experience, I can say that talent depends a lot on the economic aspect of the individual to gain exposure and acceptance and be appreciated... Poor quality also happens to tag along a beginning talent. This of course being on the external technical side...like a movie which has been a pauper's dream, a talented pauper at that... Okay ... now I am advocating and taking sides... its only because I cannot afford to be impartial at this juncture, on this topic... although I can be, (I'll be anything you want me to be and convincingly)
I choose not to.... I have too much of the 'common man' in me and am a tad bit too emotional for that...

If only vision and talent could be Willed to you by your Grandfather and the family attorney could get it to you without it having to go through the escrow...

Still... That was one of the best movie experiences I've had... Made me think a lot and laugh a lot more... :)

No comments: